Advertisement

Sarpang Dzongdag handed over Kidu relief kits and semso of Nu 15,000 each to the eight families who lost their belongings to a fire in Samdrupling, Gelephu.

On January 7 midnight, a fire gutted seven huts and a permanent structure. While the owner of the permanent structure was away, others were home during the incident but could not save any belongings.

No injuries or casualties were reported. Gelephu thromde also provided disaster relief materials of blanket, plates, mug and pots. An electric short circuit is suspected to have ignited the fire.

Most of the affected families have made temporary arrangement with their relatives in Gelephu. One of the affected was a staff of Gelephu thromde and she managed a new apartment. Another tenant was a group of students of Losel Gyatso High School.

A hut was occupied by two Indian labourers who used it as transit camp during their travel between their work place in Zhemgang and Gelephu.

Staff reporter

Advertisement

Skip to toolbar