Fire guts traditional house in Trongsa

Five families living in a two-storied traditional house in Trongsa town lost their belongings to a fire that razed the house to the ground yesterday morning.

The superintendent of police (SP) in Trongsa, Lt Colonel Tshultrim Dorji, said the fire could have started from a temporary shed near the house. “It took police about five hours to contain the fire and mop up.”

Although no casualties were reported, police said only a few things belonging to people living on the ground floor could be saved.

The SP said they managed to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby houses and few window glasses of a nearby shop were damaged because of the heat.

A 29-year-old labourer, living in the shed called police around 4am, reporting about the fire.

Police said they suspect short circuit to be the cause of the fire. “We are investigating it.”

Staff reporter

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply