Accident: A fire razed a two-storey traditional house in Yaragla village of Jurmi gewog in Mongar on August 18.

During the incident, a mother and her two-year-old child were sleeping on ground floor of the house but managed to escape safely.

Sangay Lhamo, 37, said she has lost everything. She ran a shop on the first floor of the house.

Sangay Lhamo said she had Nu 100,000 collected from selling goods in the last five months.

The traditional house was built by her parents 50 years ago. She is currently living in a shed located near the razed house.

The victim’s family were given semso of nu 15,000 by the Office of the Gyaltshab.

Gyalpoizhing police suspect the cause of the incident to be an electric short circuit.

Staff reporter