HEALTH AND FITNESS: Hi Sir,
What would you recommend for a quick 20-30 minutes workout at home? Thank you.
A quick and efficient workout would differ with age, preference, goal, health condition and physical measurements of an individual.
I will write out a quick workout that is meant for a healthy individual who is not obese, and the goal of this programme is optimal health, fitness and wellbeing.
Each of the following exercises should be done in succession for 30 seconds each, and then take a minute rest and repeat a total of three times. As you get fitter and stronger, you can add a few seconds to every exercise.
|Tip of the week
A workout should be geared towards intensity, not frequency nor volume
Once you complete your exercise, make sure you spend at least 10 minutes stretching the whole body. It will prevent injuries, improve recovery, and enhance flexibility.
Workout: to be executed in this order.
1. Push ups: When done correctly it builds chest, shoulder, triceps and core strength.
2. Lunges: Builds and strengthens the whole lower body, glute (butt), hamstring and quadriceps (front portion of the leg)
3. Plank: Is one of the best exercises to flatten, strengthen, and improve the stabilising ability of the abdominal.
4. Burpee: Is one of the quickest ways to tax and improve the cardiovascular output of our bodies. Not meant for anybody with knee or back problems.
5. Skipping rope: This improves cardiovascular health, burns a lot of calories, and improves eye, hand and feet coordination.
Depending on the quality and quantity of your nutrition, your results will vary.