Advertisement

A 40-year-old woman died on spot in Udari village, Kengkhar, Mongar after touching a live electric wire at the cow shed on September 8.

The incident occurred around 6:30pm. Her husband Tashi Dorji said that when the bulb didn’t work, she happened to touch the wire. The woman’s mother, who was with her at the time of the incident said she fell to the ground.

Gyelpoizhing police confirmed she died of electric shock. Villagers said they have learnt a lesson and Bhutan Power Corporation should create awareness on safe use of electricity.

Staff reporter

Skip to toolbar