Fire leaves family homeless

Fire: A two-storey traditional house was completely destroyed by a fire at around 3:30 am yesterday at Changshingpek, about 3km away from Mongar town.

There were eight people inside the house including a 83-year-old woman, but everyone escaped unhurt.

The owner, Sonam Choden, 61, said one of her relative living in Photshorong called her at around 3 am saying her house was on fire. When she woke up the fire has already burnt half of the kitchen located outside the house and gone out of control.

“I couldn’t do anything except waking up the rest of the family,” Sonam Choden said. “As soon as we got off the house, the fire caught on to the house.”

The victims couldn’t save anything.

The fire was put off by the Royal Bhutan Police firefighters.

The Mongar dzongkhag granted a semso of Nu 10,000 and emergency kits to the victims.  Staff of Bhutan Power Corporations also donated blankets.

Tashi Phuntsho, Mongar

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply